The Immigration Project helps immigrants across downstate Illinois our work touches hundreds of people each year. We do not receive government funding; therefore we rely on donations, grants and legal fees to continue helping as many immigrants as possible. Because of donations and grants, we are able to keep our legal fees low and provide quality services to our clients all over the state.
Top 10 Reasons to Donate to the Immigrant Project
- We are the only regional immigration organization in Illinois that uses a rural model, enabling us to reach many immigrants who have difficulty accessing professional legal advice without our services.
- Through 60+ regional information clinics, we serve more than 1,000 immigrants every year.
- Our income guidelines and sliding fee scale enable low income immigrants to receive services.
- Since 2013, we served immigrants from 65 different countries.
- Our volunteers contributed 2,600+ hours of service each year since 2013, adding the equivalent of more than one full-time worker!
- Our information aids not only immigrants but their families members, government, social service workers, and employers.
- We’ve helped hundreds of young people to apply for Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).
- We assist immigrant victims of violence, including victims of domestic violence, to solve their immigration problems.
- We have a completely bilingual staff, enabling us to work efficiently and effectively with our Spanish-speaking clients.
- Our use of volunteers, and our many information clinics multiply the effectiveness of your donation!
Ways to Donate
Contributions of any size are welcomed and appreciated. Learn more about how to donate below:
Matching Gift Programs- Double or even triple your impact by checking to see if your employer is eligible for any Matching Gift Programs. Check to see if your employer will match your donation here.
Volunteer Grant Programs- It pays to volunteer with Volunteer Grant Programs. Check to see if your employer offers any Volunteer Grant Programs which allow you to volunteer a set number of hours with our agency. Once you have volunteered for a minimum number of hours, your employer will donate a set stipend to our organization.
AmazonSmile– Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases to The Immigration Project for every purchase you make through AmazonSmile when you choose to make it the charitable organization of your choice. For step-by-step directions please use the following link: AmazonSmile Directions
PayPal- It’s even easier for you to donate through your PayPal account! Just click the “Donate” button and follow the instructions. Don’t have a PayPal account? PayPal allows you to use your credit card without making an account!