As information regarding COVID-19 changes, and we hear about the growth in downstate Illinois cases, we at The Immigration Project have been given cause to evaluate our response policy. We want to be sure to update our clients, partners, volunteers and friends about the steps that we, as an agency, have taken over the last several months in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are committed to taking the necessary precautions to protect our staff, interns, volunteers, and clients, and we are proud to be doing our part to keep our communities safe. To date, we have implemented the following measures, which may be extended or changed as the situation evolves:
– Our office in Normal is open with increased safety precautions in place.
– Our office in Champaign is open by appointment only.
– Masks are required in all TIP buildings.
– All TIP clinics and workshops will be held remotely until further notice.
– Our staff will be working remotely, as is feasible, until further notice.
– All non-essential business travel has been cancelled or postponed.
– TIP has undergone new and sustained facility cleaning processes.
If you, or someone you know, is in need of immigration legal aid please encourage them to continue to reach out to The Immigration Project via phone to (309) 829-8703 or e-mail to email@example.com. The Immigration Project is always committed to increasing immigrant access to justice, and to this end, our team has been working diligently alongside our immigrant community members during this difficult time. We will continue to monitor guidance and best practice from the CDC (Center for Disease Control), the State of Illinois, and the cities of Bloomington and Normal, Illinois.
Thank you for your continued support of The Immigration Project and the work that we do to support the immigrants of Central and Southern Illinois.